Existing Foster Carers Looking to Change
If you're looking to change from your current fostering agency, here at Haringey we try to make things as easy as possible for you to transfer over to us.
Contact our fostering team to arrange a home visit. The visit will last at least 2 hours and will take place at your home, where we will discuss what's needed in order for you to transfer to us.
If you don’t currently have a child placed with you, you can give 28 days’ notice in writing to your existing fostering agency or local authority, and apply to foster with us right away.
After we’ve visited you at home, we’ll ask your existing fostering agency for a reference. Then when we’ve received this, you’ll be able to begin the transfer process.
If you're already fostering a child for Haringey Council then we will try to match your current agency rate for the duration of your current placement, even if this is more than our normal published allowances.
All transfers will follow the Fostering Network transfer protocol (external link).
Remember that foster carers can only be approved by one fostering agency at any one time.
Benefits of transferring to Haringey
There are a number of benefits to transferring over to foster directly with Haringey Council:
- Haringey has one of the highest number of looked after children in London, as a result, our carers have higher occupancy rates, and there are shorter gaps between each placement
- We are part of the North London Fostering Consortium (NLFC) who work closely to ensure children are placed with the right fostering family across the six North London boroughs
- NLFC organise a specialist Parent and Child Scheme with payment of £867 per week
- We offer regular support via supervising social workers, support groups, social events, 24 hour contact facilities, training and development, generous allowances and additional financial support.
Please contact us via the details below and we will make all the arrangements for you to transfer, and answer any questions you may have.
- Write to: Haringey Fostering Recruitment Service, River Park House, 225 High Road, Wood Green, N22 8HQ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 020 8489 3754
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.