Due to My Account system maintenance, some Council Tax and Benefits Services will be unavailable on Thursday 22 February 2018, 1pm and 3pm. You will still be able to make a new Benefit claim and register to view your Housing Benefit/Council Tax accounts. Apologies for any inconvenience.
My Account Help
For more help using My Account for a specific service, please choose from the list below:
My Account Help
- Why do I need to register for My Account?
- What will I need?
- How do I create an account?
- Do I need to live in Haringey to have a My Account?
- What services are available online?
- What if I don't get an email to activate my online account?
- I am having trouble logging in
- I have forgotten my password
- I have forgotten my password and the answer to my secret question
- I need to change my email address
- How do I report a problem?
- Help and support
- Using your personal information
Using our services online will save you time and money and you can contact us in your own time.
You will need an email address. Find out how to create an email (external link) account if you don't have one already.
You must not use temporary email addresses like Dispostable, Yopmail or Mailinator as we only respond to secure email addresses like Outlook, Gmail and Yahoo etc.
Creating an account is easy and takes a couple of minutes all you need to get started is an email address.
- Go to create account (link opens in new window) and complete the fields
- You will then be sent an email to activate you’re my Account
- Once activated, you can log in, then immediately register for a range of services available in My Account
If we have set up your account for you all you need to do is verify your account:
- Take note of the 4 digit pass code you would have received from a Customer Services Officer
- You would have received a email with a temporary password - use this password to login for the first time
- When you first log in you will be asked for your 4 digit passcode, enter this and you will be prompted to change your password and create a secret answer and question
No, you do not need to live in Haringey. If you live outside the borough you can still create a My Account to access some of our online services.
By registering for My Account you will be able to securely access a range of council services.
If you do not receive an email to allow you to activate your account, first check that the email hasn’t gone into your ‘spam or junk’ folder. If not, register to create a My Account again. If this does not work contact us.
To log in you will need to use the email address and password that you entered when you created your account.
The first time you log in, you must activate your account by clicking on the link in the email that we sent you when you created your account.
You can reset your password. You will be asked to enter the answer to the secret question you set up when you registered your account. You can change your password on the My Account home screen by clicking on 'reset password'. You will then be asked to enter your email address.
Contact us and we will help you to reset your account.
You can do this in your account. Go to the ‘My Details’ section and select ‘change email address’. You will need to enter your new address and then confirm it.
If you experience any problems with the tasks listed above please contact us and we will respond to you as soon as we can.
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, or need help with your online use, contact us to let us know and we will respond to you as soon as we can.
Any personal information you give us is held securely and will be used only for council purposes. Information collected for one purpose may be used for another purpose by the council unless there are legal restrictions preventing this. Using your information in this way helps us to deliver more efficient services that can be tailored to your needs and preferences. We will not share your information with third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with other agencies (for example law enforcement agencies) where the law requires us to or where it is appropriate to support our duty to protect public funds and/or detect and prevent fraud.
For more information about how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to find out what information we hold about you please see our Privacy Statement and Information Charter.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.