Bulky Waste Collections
The service can be provided only to those homes that have a front garden area or a communal area where large and bulky items can be placed out of harm’s way.
If you live in a block of flats, place your items in your bulk store area if you have one, or where you would place your rubbish for collection.
You can take a wide range of items to Reuse and Recycling Centres – find your nearest.
If your items would be of use to someone else, there are organisations which can collect them for you. See our Furniture reuse page for more info.
There is a fee of £25 for Veolia to collect up to four bulky items, such as furniture, from your home. Any additional items will be charged at £10 per item, up to a maximum of 10 items per collection.
All collections are booked through the Veolia Haringey Contact Centre:
- Tel: 020 8885 7700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: Special collections query form (external link)
As a general rule, anything that you might take with you when moving home can be collected. We make every effort to reuse or recycle as many items as possible.
A full list of the items Veolia will collect can be found on the Veolia bulky waste FAQs page (external link), and a few common examples are shown below.
|Furniture||White Goods/WEEE (standard household appliances only)|
Items Veolia cannot collect
- Rubble and soil
- Masonry and tiles
- Construction waste, e.g. bricks, stonework, cement, paint, plasterboard
- Waste from house renovations, eg: bathroom fittings, kitchen fittings/worktops, kitchen units, fireplace surrounds
- Garden sheds and trellis
- Carpets and rugs that are not contained within a tied bag
- Gas bottles and cylinders
- Car batteries
- Tree trunks and thick branches
- Pianos (unless broken up)
- Any hazardous waste, such as chemicals or asbestos
Read the bulky items collection FAQs on the Veolia website (external link)
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.