Facts and Figures
Haringey in a nutshell
Haringey is one of London's 33 boroughs. It is located in the north of the capital and more than 11 square miles in area.
Population– 2011 Census
- Haringey has a total population of 254,900. 49.5% of the population are male and 50.5% are female.
- 63,400 of the population are aged between 0 and 19. This is 24.9% of the total population. This is proportionately higher than both London (24.5%) and England and Wales (24.0%).
- 169,100 of the population are 20-64. This is 66.3% of the total population. This is proportionately higher than both London (64.4%) and England and Wales 59.6%).
- 22,400 of the population are 65+. This is 8.8% of the total population. This is proportionately less than both London (11.1%) and England and Wales (16.4%).
Ethnicity – 2011 Census
- 65.3% of the Haringey population are made up of non-white British Ethnic Groups. This is higher than both London (55.1%) and England and Wales (19.5%). The top three of these ethnic groups are:
- Other White (23.0%)
- Black African (9.0%)
- Black Caribbean (7.1%)
Projections - ONS 2011 Sub National Population Projections
- By 2021, it is projected that the Haringey population will be 286,774. This will be made up of:
- 60,664 (21.2%) will be 0 – 17 - (London 22.6%, England 21.7%)
- 199,188 (69.5%) will be 18-64 - (London 65.8%, England 59.6%)
- 26,923 (9.4%) will 65+ - (London 11.5%, England 18.7%)
Deprivation – Index of Deprivation 2010
- Haringey is the 13th most deprived borough in the country (using the average deprivation score).
- Haringey is the 4th most deprived borough in London (using the average deprivation score).
- 29.2% of Haringey is amongst the 10% most deprived in the country.
- 55.3% of Haringey is amongst the 20% most deprived in the country.
For more information about Haringey, check out the pages listed below:
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.