Haringey’s outstanding school success
The fourth annual Outstanding for All Awards, which celebrate the best of education in Haringey, took place at Alexandra Palace on Monday 5 December. The awards, which were given out in 11 categories, recognise the outstanding achievements of Haringey’s teachers, students, governors, head teachers and support staff over the past 12 months.
This year saw more than 200 people attend the awards ceremony with musical entertainment provided by the Haringey Young Musicians Big Band with guests from Barcelona’s EMAC music school, the Coldfall Primary School Choir, Ja’vay Coxx-Morgan from Risley Avenue Primary School, the Woodside High School Flyers and Haringey Vox.
Hosted by Jon Abbey, Director of Children’s Services, special guests and presenters included David Lammy, Maggie Philbin, Ledley King, and the Mayor.
Councillor Elin Weston, Haringey council Cabinet Member for Children and Families, said:
“I was so impressed by all the nominations - the standards at Haringey’s Outstanding for All awards get higher every year. We are committed to ensuring every young person growing up in Haringey gets the best education possible, and these awards recognise the amazing things our head teachers, teachers, students, support staff and governors do every day in Haringey. I’d like to congratulate everyone who was nominated and all of our winners in this year’s Outstanding for All awards.”
Full list of Outstanding for All Award winners:
- Support Staff of the Year Award: Rita Adu-Gyamfi, Broadwaters, The Willow Primary School
- Achievement in Sport and the Arts Award: Greig City Academy Outdoor Education Programme
- The Councillor Egan Achievement Award: James Lane, St Francis De Sales Primary
- Early Years Champion Award: Maritsa Georgiou, St Mary's Priory RC School
- Governor of the Year Award: Marilyn Francis, Broadwaters
- Music Teacher of the Year: Sue Stephens, Alexandra Park School
- Overcoming Adversity Award: Wisdom Yemi-Makanjuola, Gladesmore
- Community Hero Award: Tassadaq Ashraf, Gladesmore
- Outstanding Primary STEM Student(s) Award: Archie Baer, Our Lady of Muswell
- Outstanding Secondary STEM Student(s) Award: GCA Robotics Team, Greig City Academy
- Primary Class of the Year Award: Class 6, St. John Vianney Catholic Primary School
More details - including photos and videos - will be available soon on the Outstanding for All Awards pages
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.