One step closer to new homes in north Tottenham
A major milestone in Haringey’s ambitious plans for Tottenham was reached today with the signing of the development agreement for the High Road West scheme with leading developer, Lendlease.
The High Road West development, opposite Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium, will deliver benefits for the borough including:
- More than 2,500 high quality homes, with at least 750 affordable homes for local people
- 191 high-quality council homes which will be managed by Homes for Haringey, meeting the aspirations of the Resident Charter agreed with local residents
- A cutting edge new library and learning centres
- A refurbished community hub with new facilities at the Grange
- A new civic square for community activities and cultural events, flanked by new shops, restaurants and cafes
- New green spaces including gardens, children’s play area and outdoor gym
- More than £10million social and economic support for businesses and residents
- Investment in the town centre and community events
- Thousands of construction jobs and hundreds of new jobs following development
- A new industrial space to support businesses from the existing Peacock Industrial Estate
- A new district energy centre
Cllr Strickland, Cabinet Member for Housing, Regeneration and Planning said:
‘Tottenham is London's most dynamic and important regeneration area and this is an exciting landmark in our ambitious plans to bring thousands of new homes and jobs to the area in the next two decades. This regeneration scheme has been strongly supported by tenants with local people heavily involved in shaping the plans for High Road West. Its welcome news that getting started on the scheme has taken a big step forward today.’
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.
* = response required