Development of the Highgate Neighbourhood Plan
The council adopted the Highgate Neighbourhood Plan on the 20 July 2017. View the adopted plan here.
The Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Referendum took place on Thursday 6 July 2017. Of votes cast 88% supported the council using the plan. For full details please see the Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Referendum page.
The council decided on the 11 April 2017 that the draft Neighbourhood Plan, as modified by the Plan Examiner’s recommendations, would meet the relevant neighbourhood planning Regulations and legal tests and should therefore proceed to a local referendum.
For further information, see the Cabinet Meeting minutes.
Camden and Haringey Councils, with support from the Highgate Neighbourhood Forum, appointed Jill Kingaby BSc (Econ) MSc MRTPI to hold an independent examination on the Neighbourhood Plan.
The Examiner sent her report to both councils and the Forum on 28 February 2017, setting out her recommendations in relation to the Highgate Neighbourhood Plan. You can read the full report below:
The representations received by both councils during the consultation on the submission draft version of the Plan can be viewed below. The consultation ran from 23 September - 4 November 2016.
A letter was received from the examiner on 17 November 2016 which can be viewed below.
A letter was received from the Highgate Forum in response to the representations. Please see below.
A guidance note was received from the Examiner on 2 December 2016 which can be viewed below.
The Statement of Common Ground below was agreed between the Forum and both councils and submitted to the Examiner on 19 January 2017.
Following the publication of the Statement of Common Ground there has been further correspondence between the Plan Examiner, the Forum and both councils. This is set out in Appendix 1 below.
- Statement of Common Ground Appendix 1 (PDF, 114KB)
- Schedule of Main Modifications to the Site Allocations DPD (PDF, 838KB)
Following the submission of the Plan and all supporting documents to the councils in September 2016, the draft Neighbourhood Plan was publicised for a consultation (Regulation 16) and comments were invited from the public and stakeholders. The consultation ran from 23 September to 4 November 2016.
Highgate Neighbourhood Forum submitted their proposed Highgate Neighbourhood Plan to the London Boroughs of Camden and Haringey in September 2016, in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012.
You can view the submitted Plan, map of the area and all other submission documents below. Please note that some of the documents below are large and may take some time to download.
- Highgate Neighbourhood Plan Neighbourhood Plan submission draft (PDF, 9MB)
- Figure 1: Highgate Neighbourhood Area Map (PDF, 5.5MB)
- Appendix 2: Traffic and Transport issues in Highgate (PDF, 129KB)
- Appendix 3: Schematic to show possible ecological corridors linking green spaces (PDF, 380KB)
- Appendix 4: Haringey register of Local Listed Buildings (PDF, 151KB)
- Appendix 5: LB Camden Local List January 2015 (PDF, 15MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment, non-technical summary (PDF, 378KB)
- Basic Conditions Statement (PDF, 1.1KB)
- Consultation Statement (PDF, 2.2MB)
- CS Appendix 1: Application to become a neighbourhood area (PDF, 101KB)
- CS Appendix 2: Early community engagement (PDF, 291KB)
- CS Appendix 3: Street engagement (PDF, 86KB)
- CS Appendix 4: Summary of issues raised at community engagement events during first Pre-Submission consultation (PDF, 114KB)
- CS Appendix 5: Submissions from organisations in response to first Pre-Submission consultation (PDF, 6.2MB)
- CS Appendix 6: Schedule of representations, first Pre-Submission Consultation (PDF, 278KB)
- CS Appendix 7: Summary of issues raised at community engagement events during second Pre-Submission consultation (PDF, 263KB)
- CS Appendix 8: Schedule of representations, second Pre-Submission consultation (PDF, 132KB)
- CS Appendix 9: Schedule of key submissions, forum responses (PDF, 199KB)
- CS Appendix 10: LBC LBH response to second Pre-Submission consultation (PDF, 6.7MB)
Please see Camden’s website (external link) for information specific to Camden.
Earlier Stages of Development of the Neighbourhood Plan
Pre-Submission Public Consultation
Highgate Neighbourhood Forum undertook two pre-submission (Regulation 14) consultation on the draft Highgate Neighbourhood Plan. The first consultation ran in January 2015. The plan featured a vision for Highgate’s future development and policies relating to key development areas, social and community needs, economic activity, traffic and transport, open spaces and the public realm and development and heritage.
The second consultation refined the draft plan based upon responses received. This second consultation ran from December 2015 until 7 February 2016. For further information please see the Forum's own website (external link).
The council undertook a Strategic Environmental Assessment screening of draft Highgate neighbourhood development plan. The results of this screening can be viewed below.
Designation of the Neighbourhood Forum and Area
On 18 December 2012, the London Borough of Haringey approved the designation of the Neighbourhood Area and the Neighbourhood Forum. On 17 December 2012 the London Borough of Camden approved the designation of the Neighbourhood Area and the Neighbourhood Forum.
Neighbourhood Plan 'pre-submission' consultation
The approved applications and relevant information are listed below:
- Application to become a Neighbourhood Area from Highgate Neighbourhood Forum (PDF, 35KB)
- Highgate Neighbourhood Forum Affiliates (PDF, 16KB)
- Highgate Neighbourhood Forum Committee Structure (PDF, 10KB)
- Highgate Neighbourhood Forum Constitution 2012 - updated 12 July 2012 (PDF, 383KB)
- Highgate Neighbourhood Forum Individual and Business Members (PDF, 39KB)
- Highgate Neighbourhood Forum leaflet (PDF, 338KB)
- Proposed Highgate Neighbourhood Area - Map (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Statement from Highgate Neighbourhood Forum (PDF, 32KB)
Please see our Neighbourhood Planning page for further details on Neighbourhood Plans and the process involved in setting up your own Neighbourhood Forum.
You can also find more information on the Highgate Neighbourhood Forum website (external link).
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.