Shopping and meals
If you, or someone you care for, are having difficulties preparing and cooking your own meals there are various options you could choose to make mealtimes easier.
Many supermarkets and food delivery services offer home delivery for foods bought online and you could choose frozen meals that can be heated in a microwave or a conventional oven as an alternative.
The following supermarkets and companies offer home delivery:
- Sodexo (external link) Daily hot meal delivery or weekly/fortnightly delivery of frozen meals
- Ocado (external link)
- Morrison's (external link)
- Sainsbury’s (external link)
- Tesco’s (external link)
- Waitrose (external link)
- Oakhouse Foods (external link) - weekly delivery of frozen meals
- Wiltshire Farm Foods (external link) - weekly or fortnightly delivery of frozen meals
Sodexo’s daily private hot meal service provides a hot main meal and dessert as well as a safe and well check – notifying next of kin of any concerns for only £6.25.
For more information please contact Sodexo:
Ask Sara can give you advice about equipment which may help you to prepare food and cook independently:
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.