Shopping and meals
If you, or someone you care for, are having difficulties preparing and cooking your own meals there are various options you could choose to make mealtimes easier.
Many supermarkets and food delivery services offer home delivery for foods bought online and you could choose frozen meals that can be heated in a microwave or a conventional oven as an alternative.
The following supermarkets and companies offer home delivery:
- Sodexo (external link) Daily hot meal delivery or weekly/fortnightly delivery of frozen meals
- Ocado (external link)
- Morrison's (external link)
- Sainsbury’s (external link)
- Tesco’s (external link)
- Waitrose (external link)
- Oakhouse Foods (external link) - weekly delivery of frozen meals
- Wiltshire Farm Foods (external link) - weekly or fortnightly delivery of frozen meals
Sodexo’s daily private hot meal service provides a hot main meal and dessert as well as a safe and well check – notifying next of kin of any concerns for only £6.25.
For more information please contact Sodexo:
Ask Sara can give you advice about equipment which may help you to prepare food and cook independently:
Page Last Updated:
Please let us know if this page helped you find what you were looking for by answering the question below – you can also leave a comment for us. Please keep your comments relevant to this page.
Please note: all comments about web pages are reviewed by us once a week. All service requests need to be sent to Customer Services directly.