Shopping and meals
If you, or someone you care for, are having difficulties preparing and cooking your own meals there are various options you could choose to make mealtimes easier.
- Supermarket shopping
- Frozen meals
- Home meal service
- Lunch clubs
- Helping you prepare meals independently
- Meals on Wheels Consultation - new
Many supermarkets and food delivery services offer home delivery for foods bought online and you could choose ready meals including frozen meals, that can be heated in a microwave or a conventional oven as an alternative.
The following supermarkets and companies offer home delivery:
- Ocado (external link)
- Morrison's (external link)
- Sainsbury’s (external link)
- Tesco (external link)
- Waitrose (external link)
These companies will deliver a week or more supply of frozen meals
- Sodexo (external link) - weekly/fortnightly delivery of frozen meals
- Oakhouse Foods (external link) - weekly delivery of frozen meals
- Wiltshire Farm Foods (external link) - weekly or fortnightly delivery of frozen meals
- Hermolis (external link) - Kosher meals. Delivery of up to ten meals at a time. Prices and delivery costs on request. See Hermolis Menu (PDF, 142BB) Telephone 020 8810 4321, email email@example.com
- Blue Mountain Foods (external link) - Caribbean and West Indian meals. Minimum order 12 meals
Sodexo’s daily private hot meal service provides a hot main meal and dessert as well as a safe and well check – notifying next of kin of any concerns for only £6.75.
For more information please contact Sodexo:
Cypriot Community Centre
Daily hot meal plus dessert delivered Monday to Friday. Diabetic menu available. £4.50
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Telephone: 020 8881 2329
Daily hot meal delivered Monday to Friday. £7
Some community centres will provide an inexpensive cooked meal as a service for people who have difficulty cooking for themselves, or would like an opportunity to go out to be with other people
Ask Sara can give you advice about equipment which may help you to prepare food and cook independently:
We are holding a consultation about the future of Haringey's home delivered meals service. See the Meals On Wheels Consultation page for details. This consultation will run until 24 September 2017.
Page Last Updated:
How can we improve this page?
Use this form to let us know what you think of this page. All comments are reviewed by us once every week.
This form is not for service issues or requests - all such comments should go to Customer Services.